Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia November 8, 2010

     I was really looking forward to this historic stop because my grandparents were born here.  Also, it was suppose to be the most picturesque but as we approached our port the seas were very rough.  We were told by the captain after a delay that the seas were too dangerous and we would have to move on to Venice.  I was disappointed but understood that it was unavoidable.  I am thinking that I will have to return on this trip again just to see this stop.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Our view as we left with rough seas

     I did take a few photos from the ship as we left, thinking that this is where my grandparents were born.  How exciting and yet sad to be so close and yet not be able to visit so I will return!

No comments:

Post a Comment